If you’re like most, your favorite pieces of jewelry become a part of your everyday attire. Day, night, no matter the occasion, they will be right with you. However, if you don’t take the right precautions, your favorite piece of jewelry could easily become dull and tarnished.
But don’t worry, it’s not too late!
Here are some tips to keep your favorite jewelry just as beautiful as when you bought it:
- Remove jewelry before swimming or sitting in a hot tub to avoid chlorine discoloration.
- Remove jewelry when using harsh cleaning products to avoid discoloration and corrosion.
- Remove jewelry when using oils or lotion, as it creates a film that covers the diamond.
- Avoid wearing jewelry with stones when you work out. You don’t want your stones to become loose or fall out and get lost.
- Avoid contact with hairspray, cosmetics, or perfumes because they can cause dulling.
- Use jewelry cleaner or mild soapy water and a gentle brush to remove dirt and tarnish.
- When not being worn, keep your jewelry on a soft surface and away from other pieces to avoid scratches and misplacement.
Hopefully, these tips have made you think about your current habits and now you can continue wearing your sparkly jewelry (to match your sparkling personality) for years to come!